Christina smith-larney, culture, learning, employee support & community engagement advocate
"I'm excited to be working with a great group of professionals doing amazing work in the design and construction industry. Every day I see how Project Advocates is building community one project at a time. The dedication this group has for the projects they work on is unmatched."
- Education: B.A. Princeton University, J.D. University of South Carolina School of Law
- Experience: 4 years of program and project development, management of RE/EE policy and implementation at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Project Profiles: Leads and supports development of programs and processes for Human Resources, Administration, and Office Management; Authored Project Advocates' (PAs') Employee Handbook and Benefit Summary; Manages PAs' Social Media and Marketing Efforts; Implemented a 'Leave-No-Trace' Office Program to encourage sustainable work practices; and, Assists in developing and managing PAs' Internal HR and Training Website
Christina's extensive work experience in administration and customer service combined with her legal education, writing skills, and desire to give back to the community make her a great fit for Project Advocates. She is able to communicate effectively both internally and externally and has an eye for process efficiency with an emphasis on stewardship.
BACKGROUND AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Common Sense Parenting Trainer with Boys Town
- Site Facilitator for 21st Century Grant After School Clubs at Franklin Elementary in Council Bluffs, Iowa (2017-2018 & 2016-2017 school years)
- Working toward a 200-hr yoga teacher certification (to be completed by the end of 2018)
- Volunteer Coach in 2016 / 2017 for East Mills Area Girls' BB team (5th / 6th grade)
- Self Published Author (October 2016)
- Inactive member of the South Carolina Bar (admitted Feb 2010)